We’re sorry for your loss and we would like to make managing their account with us as simple as possible.
This support article will give you key information about how to close an account and/or transfer ownership of an account if the account holder has passed away.
How to close an account and/or transfer ownership of an account:
If the account holder has passed away, give us a call on 1800 351 789 or via email at email@example.com and we can help you to close the account or transfer ownership of the account into your name. If you choose to transfer ownership of the account, you’ll need to meet our credit requirements.
When contacting us, please have the account holder’s phone number or account number ready, as well as their:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Home address
If the account holder has passed away and you wish to close the account or transfer ownership of the account into your name, we will require a Proof of Death. Please provide one form of proof:
- Death Certificate
- Medical Cause of Death Certificate from Hospital
- Funeral Notice
- Coroner’s Report
- Letter from Medical Practitioner or Hospital
- Letter from Solicitor/lawyer
You can send this documentation through via:
- Fax: 1300 763 744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: 6 Page Street, MORUYA, NSW 2537
Once we have received the required documentation we will contact you to discuss the cancellation/transfer of the account.
Who should contact us?
The person contacting us should be an authorised representative of the deceased. This includes:
- Next of kin
- Executor or administrator of the estate
- Power of attorney
- Trustee or solicitor administering the estate
- An authorised representative listed on the account