The fundamental principle of any agreed financial arrangement is that repayments be sufficient to cover expected future use of the service as well as providing continued reduction of debt.
Southern Phone imposes no charge on customers for the implementation of a financial arrangement. In reaching an arrangement a customer may be required to:
- Acknowledge the debt and the obligation to repay the debt
- Provide sufficient information for both parties to ascertain what is a reasonable payment arrangement
- Indicate a willingness to reducing usage to a level that they are able to pay and take up relevant service options to that end
- Make repayments as agreed
- Use appropriate products, services and access levels, as negotiated with Southern Phone
- If any further financial difficulty is experienced, immediately notify Southern Phone so that the arrangement can be reviewed.
- In reaching an agreement Southern Phone will:
- Ensure that none of a customer
- Confirm that the customer is the person who is legally liable to pay the debt
- Refrain from credit management action whilst financial hardship arrangements are being discussed unless credit management action appears to be reasonable in the circumstances
- Explain rights and obligations under the terms of the payment arrangement
- Explain service limitations if service limitations are part of the arrangement
- Require assurance that the arrangement will be one that the customer can meet
- Monitor customer compliance with the financial hardship arrangement
- Not vary the terms of the arrangement if the customer is meeting those term
If an agreed arrangement is not kept, Southern Phone will:
- Take reasonable steps to contact the customer or nominated financial counsellor (if applicable) before taking further credit management action.