We understand that moving can be stressful, we recommend getting in contact with us at least 3 weeks prior to your move if you are moving to a non-NBN area, this will give us time to organise to move your Service(s) for you.
- If you are moving a landline service, we will try our best to keep your home number the same, unfortunately sometimes this isn’t possible and we may have to provide you with a new number, we will give you a call to let you know.
- If you are moving to a house and no new lines are needed it will cost $59.00 to relocate your landline service.
- If a Technician is required to attend or new lines need to be installed then the relocation fees can be up to $339.00.
Providing us with the Previous In-Place Number is very helpful as not only does it mean we can locate the premises easily, but it can also mean the difference between a New Line Fee ($339.00) and a Standard Connection Fee ($99.00) as we are able to determine if there is a line available for us to connect to.
There are a couple of ways of obtaining a Previous In-Place Number, depending on if there is or isn't dial tone when you plug a handset in at the premises.
Finding an In-Place Number - With Dial Tone - Call 12 722 123
Finding an In-Place Number - Without Dial Tone - Call 1800 801 920
- If you are moving into a new house, then there may not be lines installed up to your property, if this is the case we will let you know and get you in touch with a contractor to arrange additional work to be completed to install the required lines. Additional fees will apply if this is the case, but the contractor will provide you with a quote before you proceed.
- If you are also relocating an ADSL Internet Service there is an additional one-off relocation charge of $59.00 for this, and it can take between 5-10 business day to relocate after your landline is connected at your new place. We can’t guarantee that we can move your Internet Service as it does depend on the availability of the exchange, but we will try our hardest to get this connected for you.
Make Moving Easy
Southern Phone is also partnered with the company Direct Connect who make moving easy. They can arrange your electricity and gas, as well as other services like removalists and insurance.
Direct connect Australia (DCA) is owned by Snowy Hydro, who also own award-winning retail brands Red Energy and Lumo Energy.
They were founded in 2004 and have helped move over 1.2 million households.
Direct connect is 100% Australian owned and operated. Their expert team is based in Melbourne however they can help you move just about anywhere-whether it's to the next suburb or interstate.
You can contact their friendly team on 1300 934 221.