The following outlines the common process in connecting your service once you have placed your order with Southern Phone:
1. If there’s no existing phone line at your address, a phone line installation must be arranged. This requires a technician to visit your premises, and someone at least 18 years old must be present. You’ll be contacted to confirm your installation appointment.
2. A service qualification test will be performed on your phone line.
3. If your line is compatible, we submit an application to our supplier requesting that they connect you to a port at your local exchange so your phone line may be used for broadband.
4. Our supplier confirms the service qualification results, and after 3-5 working days your telephone line is physically connected to a port at the exchange (this does not require a technician to visit your premises).
5. Once your phone line is connected, it can then take 5-10 business days for your broadband service to be activated! Once activated, you’ll need to connect your modem to get online.