Southern Phone Customer Service Guarantee Waiver
Southern Phone is committed to providing our customers with excellent customer service. This waiver does not stop you from contacting Southern Phone in regards to a fault with your service or allow us to avoid doing our best to fix a fault with your service as soon as possible.
The Telecommunications (Consumer Protection and Service Standards) Act 1999 [the Act] and the Telecommunications (Customer Service Guarantee) Standard 2011 [CSG] cover the supply of standard telephone services and enhanced call handling features and set out timeframes for connection of services, repair of faults and for appointments.
The CSG standard does not apply to mobile or satellite telephone services, broadband/internet services, customer equipment or customers that have more than five standard telephone services.
When Southern Phone supplies a VoIP Service to you we propose that you waive your protection and rights in full.
You are not obliged to waive your protection and rights however Southern Phone may choose not to supply the Service to you if you do not agree to waive your protection and rights in full. By waiving your protection and rights you agree that you are not able to make a claim to Southern Phone for compensation where the standards have not been met.
The protection and rights you agree to waive include:
- Damages for breach of performance standards, as per section 116 of the Act.
- Time for payment of damages for breach of performance standards, as per section 117A of the Act.
- Right of Contribution, as per section 118A of the Act.
- Guaranteed maximum connection periods, as per the CSG.
- Guaranteed maximum rectification period, as per the CSG.
- Information to be given to Customers, as per the CSG.
- Making and Changing Appointments, as per the CSG.
This waiver takes effect seven days from the date you order from Southern Phone unless you notify Southern Phone in writing of your intent not to be bound by this waiver within that timeframe. If you notify Southern Phone of your intent not to be bound by this waiver Southern Phone reserves the right not to provide you with the Service.
More information regarding the CSG standard can be found at www.acma.gov.au