What is Sky Muster™ Plus?
Both Sky Muster™ and Sky Muster ™ Plus (available to all Sky Muster™ customers) provide access to broadband services – the key difference is simply how the data is metered.
- With standard Sky Muster™ plans, all data is metered and you have a set amount of data each month.
- With Sky Muster™ Plus plans, you’ll have the additional benefit of unmetered data for activities like web browsing (static images and text only), select emailing and PC and Smartphone operating system software updates – so you can use your metered data for things like streaming your favorite shows and music.
For more information on unmetered activities, exclusions and fair use policies, please see below:
|Select web browsing (only traffic that is transferred via HTTP/HTTPS protocols)||
Browsing static images
Downloading from and uploads to websites (unless to/from cloud storage/file sharing sites like Dropbox and Google Drive or video/audio streaming sites like YouTube, Netflix and Spotify).
|Select social media and instant messaging platforms (static images and text only)||
Select social media and instant messaging platforms including the following:
Note: Only static images or text are unmetered.
|Select email platforms
(exclusions and fair use conditions apply)
Sending and receiving emails (including attachments) via these select email applications and protocols, including:
Select PC and smartphone operating system software updates
Downloading certain PC and smartphone operating system software updates, including:
While video streaming is metered, video calling applications are unmetered.
Examples of common video calling applications include:
What will be categorised as metered usage on Sky Muster™ Plus?
- Watching videos. This includes videos that start playing on their own, like videos in your Facebook and Instagram feeds, and video ads on websites.
- Streaming content on sites like Netflix and Stan.
- Spotify and any other audio streaming sites.
- Any use via a VPN. If you don’t know what this is then it won’t matter to you, but if you do, then be aware that any use via your Virtual Private Network will count towards your monthly data allowance.
- Gaming, including games on your phone, on your PC, and using a console like an Xbox.
- VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).
- Uploading/downloading files to/from cloud storage and file sharing sites.
- Application, gaming console and non-system software updates.
We will place a new application on your behalf.