Carbon offsets are units or ‘credits’ that represent reductions or removals of greenhouse gas emissions from the atmosphere. A carbon offset unit may be created by undertaking certain projects, which have the effect of removing greenhouse gas from the environment. Each carbon offset unit represents the removal of one tonne of carbon dioxide equivalent (tCO2-e) from the environment.
Articles in this section
- Is Carbon Neutral really included in my telco products without cost to me?
- I’m not interested in contributing to sustainability initiatives.
- Can I get a discount on my telco bill rather than Southern Phone contributing towards carbon offset projects on my behalf?
- Can I choose which offset projects I want Southern Phone to contribute to?
- Which Carbon Neutral Projects are supported?
- What are the carbon-producing processes that are being offset?
- What’s a carbon offset?
- What does it mean to retire carbon offsets?
- If I move home or change plans, do I need to do anything to continue with Carbon Neutral?